Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E Mesh System
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Orbi issues with our experts and get the solution.
The Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E is the first of its kind, and it’s a big deal. Explore what the new WiFi standard means for you and your home network, as well as how much faster Orbi Wifi 6E is than other mesh systems.
Does Orbi Support WiFi 6E?
Orbi is the first to launch a WiFi 6E mesh system. WiFi 6E has a maximum theoretical throughput of up to 2.7Gbps. This makes it almost three times faster than traditional 802.11ac networks. In addition, it supports MU-MIMO (multi-user multiple input multiple output) technology. It makes it handle simultaneous connections from several devices at once. As well as, the 256QAM encoding offers a boost in data speeds.
How Much Faster is WiFi 6E Than WiFi 6?
The Orbi WiFi 6E Mesh System is 3x faster than the Orbi WiFi 6. This means that when you are using an 802.11ac compatible device, you will be able to achieve speeds of up to 2.5 Gbps. This speed is more than sufficient for most households and businesses.
The Orbi WiFi 6E is also 3 times faster than both the 802.11ac standard and its predecessor the 802.11n standard. The latter currently offers speeds up to 450 Mbps on a 2×2 MIMO antenna configuration.
Not only that, the Orbi WiFi 6E mesh is twice as fast as other routers. With its maximum throughput reaching 1,733 Mbps – perfect for streaming 4K videos.
Is Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E Worth Upgrade?
The Orbi WiFi 6E supports WiFi 6E, which is faster than WiFi 6. If you are thinking of upgrading your current Orbi system and want to get the fastest internet possible, then this is the right choice for you.The only difference between the two versions of Orbi is that one supports WiFi 6E while the other supports WiFi 5E. The speeds on both networks are exactly the same due to how they’re built using MU-MIMO technology. So there really isn’t any reason not to upgrade if you can afford it.
How to Setup Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E Mesh System
If you’re new to WiFi 6E, you may be wondering how to setup Orbi WiFi 6E mesh. Well, it’s easier than you think. Even if you’ve never installed an internet router, the Orbi WiFi 6E system takes care of everything for you.
If you need help setting up your own home network with Orbi or any other WiFi 6E mesh system, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your new Orbi router:
Plug in The Orbi Router Into an Socket
Make sure you plug the Orbi router into an electrical socket, and not into a power strip or surge protector. You might think it doesn’t matter, but it does. The Orbi router needs to be plugged directly into the wall outlet to work properly.
Make Sure to Turn on Your Orbi Router
When you power on your router, the power button on top of the Orbi router lights up. So, if it’s not lit up then perform the following check. Make sure that you’re using a grounded (3-prong) power cord with a working ground pin connection as well as live and neutral pins (no exceptions).
Connect the Ethernet Cable to Your Modem
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your modem or gateway.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged in tightly, and that it’s connected to both devices:
- If you have a modem or gateway, make sure it is plugged in
Press the Power button on Your Router
- Press the Power button on your router.
- Wait for the top LED to light amber.
- Press and hold the connect button on your router for two seconds (while it is still in its amber state).
- When the ring LED turns solid blue, release the button.
Wait For The Top LED
Wait for the top LED on your router to light amber. If it doesn’t light up after a few seconds, restart both devices and try again. If it still doesn’t light up, contact your ISP
Press And Hold The Connect Button
- Press and hold the Connect button on your router for two seconds.
- The ring LED will turn solid blue when it is connected.
- To connect the satellite, press and hold the Connect button on it for two seconds as well. The satellite ring LED will also turn solid blue when it’s connected to the router.
- If you have trouble connecting your Orbi WiFi 6 system, reboot both devices and try again.
Release The Button
- When the ring LED turns solid blue, release the button.
- The power light will turn on and all three bulbs should be lit up in orange.
- If only one of your bulbs turns on, try again to make sure you are pressing down for long enough.
- Hold on that spot for a few seconds before moving to another spot.
Press the Connect button on your satellite
Press the Connect button on your satellite and wait for its LED to turn solid blue. When all of the LEDs are solid blue, you’re connected to WiFi 6E Orbi. If they are not, restart both devices and try again.
Wait till all LEDs are solid blue
When all LEDs are solid blue, you’re connected to WiFi 6E Orbi. If they are not, restart both devices and try again.
If you still can’t connect, contact customer support for assistance.
Takeaway: Now that you know how to connect Orbi to a mesh network, you can setup more devices for a more connected home.
You can now connect more devices to your network and enjoy video streaming, gaming, and other activities that require a fast connection.
- Guest access: The guest access feature allows you to setup a separate network for guests who don’t need the same level of security or speed as your home’s primary WiFi 6E Orbi.
- Second mesh system: You can use another satellite with your existing mesh system so that every room gets coverage. This will provide better coverage than using just one satellite in each room because two satellites are better than one!
We hope you learned how to setup your Orbi WiFi 6 E mesh system.
How do I Enable or Disable the 6 GHz Band on Orbi
WiFi 6 is the latest generation of WiFi, and it’s the fastest yet. While Orbi can use a variety of bands to deliver fast, reliable WiFi, you may want to enable it specifically for the new 6GHz band. In this article, we’ll show you how to do that on both Orbi routers and satellite units.
Access The Router Admin User Interface
To enable the 6 GHz band on Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E, log in to the Orbi router admin user interface.
If you don’t know your router’s password, reset it:
- From a computer connected to the Orbi network, open a web browser. The default address is 192.168.1.254 and login credentials are admin/password (unless you have changed them).
- Click on Advanced > Administration > Restore Factory Settings via Web Interface> Restore Factory Settings button.
- Confirm by clicking the “Yes button” .
- Then, reboot or power cycle both satellites and connect them back to your modem using Ethernet cables.
Note: For best performance results after entering new settings again into satellite units. There might be some previous settings left over. These could cause connection problems further.
Click on Advanced > Administration
To enable or disable the 6 GHz band on your WiFi system:
- Type in the username and password for your router. If you do not know them, then they may be found on a sticker underneath your router’s base station, or by logging into your Orbi account at orbi login and selecting “My Devices” from the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on Advanced > Administration, then enter your password again to confirm it
Under WiFi 6, Select On or Off
Under WiFi 6, select On or Off. If you have a WiFi 6 router (like the Orbi Pro and Orbi Pro 2), you can use this setting to enable or disable the “high-speed” 5 GHz band in favour of using the new and faster 6 GHz band instead. Enabling WiFi 6 will give you faster speeds but at the cost of range, so if your home has many walls or obstacles between your devices and your router’s antennas, it might be better to leave WiFi 6 disabled. Note that this is an all-or-nothing setting: changing it from On to Off doesn’t change which bands are being used. It just turns off one set while leaving the other running at full speed without any changes.
- Click Apply.
- You’re good to go!
Use The New 6GHz Band For Faster WiFi
The 6 GHz band is a newer and faster WiFi frequency that can be used for both WiFi and Bluetooth. It’s also less crowded than the 2.4 GHz band, so you’ll experience faster speeds when using it.
You can enable the 6GHz band on your Orbi router by following these steps:
- Open your web browser and navigate to orbilogin.com/login in order to log into your Orbi router’s web interface.
- Enter your username/password into the appropriate fields within this page then click on “Sign In.”
- Click on Advanced Settings under Wireless Network in order to access all of Orbi’s advanced settings options (you may have to scroll down).
- Scroll down until you see an option called 5GHz Bandwidth Mode and select either Auto or Full Duplex Mode (if available).
- If only one of these options is available, then select it.
- In case, neither option appears on this page, then begin again with Step 1 above instead!
Now that you know how to enable the new 6GHz band on your Orbi WiFi system, you can enjoy faster wireless speeds. This feature is available in all three models of Orbi — the RBR20, RBK30, and RBK40.